After the City of Richardson’s annual Trash Bash on Saturday, April 7, head to CityLine for the official after party from 1 to 4 p.m. for a full afternoon of free,
Events will take place at CityLine Plaza, located at 1201 State Street, and will include:
Events from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Live Music
- Plant giveaways to the first 300 guests, courtesy of the City of Richardson
- Container gardening display and Earth-Kind Q&A information booth from Collin County Master Gardeners
- Whole Foods Market Green-Zone: Free snacks and goodies while they last, including free Monarch Butterfly Seed packets to plant at home; plus enter to win an eco-kind gift bag valued at $100
- Whole Foods Market Game Zone & Kid’s Activities: The first 100 kids can plant seeds in their own peat pots, plus enter the Kid’s Earth Day coloring contest. There will also be lawn games for the kids, both young and old!
- Photo booth provided by The Social Production
- Discounts and special offers at CityLine restaurants
2 p.m. Butterfly Release in the Plaza
Gather with the community to take part in releasing 100 butterflies into the skies! Butterflies will be given out at approximately 1:45 p.m.
3 p.m. Nature Walk led by Richardson’s Park Department
Enjoy a 90-minute walk through CityLine Park and the Spring Creek Nature area while learning about the native environment and wildlife. Meet at the “Over the Moon” sculpture in the CityLine Plaza.
Richardson Trash Bash is an annual event held in conjunction with Keep Texas Beautiful, where local groups and individuals can spend the morning de-littering an area of the city. There will be a book drive, clothing drive, residential cooking oil drop-off, and free compost giveaway beginning at 9 a.m. outside of the Richardson Civic Center (411 W. Arapaho Road), which will also host an appreciation event from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. with environmental education booths and refreshments. To register and learn more, visit cor.net/trashbash or call 972-744-4076
(Saturday) 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
1150 State St, Richardson, TX 75082