EarthX has unveiled its lineup for Earthx2019, to be held April 26 to 28, 2019 at Fair Park in Dallas, bringing together an international gathering of concerned environmental citizens, educators,
EarthX has unveiled its lineup for Earthx2019, to be held April 26 to 28, 2019 at Fair Park in Dallas, bringing together an international gathering of concerned environmental citizens, educators, businesses, nonprofit organizations, and thought leaders to celebrate global sustainability. The ninth annual EarthX event will include three days of exhibitions, a film festival, music, entertainment, learning experiences, discussions, forums, and conferences making it, once again, the world’s largest gathering to positively discuss achievable solutions for environmental change.
“We’re looking forward to another incredible event this year as global voices of all ages, interests, political affiliations, and backgrounds convene in Dallas to discuss how we can work together to create a sustainable world for all living things; and a better, cleaner, healthier planet for future generations,” said Trammell S. Crow, founder of EarthX. “I think we can agree that it’s in our best interest to talk and take action now – the sooner we pose the right questions, the sooner we arrive at the right solutions for air health, soil health, acidification of oceans and coral reefs, sustainable farming and ranching, and so many other areas.”
Earthx2019 will host the EarthxConference series, including nine different conferences to explore the full gamut of environmental positions and perspectives in a balanced atmosphere. Encouraging learning, connection and collaboration, EarthxConference will bring together mission-driven advocates, investors, accelerators, researchers, and other concerned world citizens. EarthxConference includes:
- E-Capital Summit, an investment Forum where private capital engages with environmental technology leaders alongside an Innovation Expo with exhibits from pioneering technology companies, incubators, accelerators, national labs, and universities.
- EarthxLaw, a symposium that will address water quality issues like drinking water for cities, climate change and water, and oceans, touching on offshore energy, plastics, transportation, and ocean acidification.
- EarthxTransportation, hosted in partnership with TransportationEnergy Partners and The Nature Conservancy, convening transportation experts sharing ways to reduce harmful emissions and achieve maximum fuel efficiency in vehicles.
- EarthxFuture500 Summit, the signature event of Future500, attracting leaders from non-government, corporate, philanthropic, investor, and policy communities. The Summit will help build broader capacity for collective action to advance systemic solutions to environmental and social challenges.
- EarthxOcean will address the role oceans play in our lives with both an Inland Ocean Action Summit and the first Island Resilience Forum. Bringing together island leaders and champions from the United Nations and around the world, the Island Resilience Forum will work towards scalable and comprehensive energy roadmaps, as well as actionable and fundable projects for communities on the front lines of climate change.
- EarthxCities will assemble the community and business leaders preparing for environmental impacts, like the increasing number of natural weather disasters. The one-day event will address resilience planning and evolving practices, solutions, and decisions with public officials, recognized experts, and experienced practitioners through plenary sessions, panel discussions, and networking activities.
- EarthxUniversity will bring university students affiliated with BridgeUSA together with influencers from business, government, and academia. The two-day assembly will bridge the political divide impeding constructive political action that prevents our collective environmental concern from translating into a multi-partisan movement. Incorporating the 30 Under 30: The Green Generation awards, EarthxUniversity will recognize young activists, business leaders, and innovative thinkers, who will also participate in panels discussing ocean/water, wildlife, conservation, land management, clean energy, sustainability, and climate solutions.
- EarthxEnergy will gather politicians and industry leaders to discuss the latest in clean energy efforts with briefings on current initiatives and policies. Topics will include produced water management strategies and emission reduction technologies.
- EarthxMilitary will host policy makers and members of the military and national defense industry presenting solutions for security challenges and clean tech. One key conversation will be the health and environmental issues affecting those actively deployed for relief efforts during natural disasters or when environmental problems spark violent conflicts.
EarthxFilm returns April 19 to April 28, again using the power of film and emerging media to raise awareness of environmental and social global issues. This year, the festival will present more than 60 feature and short documentaries at screenings and events across the city of Dallas, culminating with the opening of EarthX.
EarthxGlobal Gala will be an eco-star-studded evening celebrating progress, hope, and innovation in the global shift toward a sustainable and secure future. Benefitting year-round educational activities and environmental awareness, the evening will culminate by honoring environmental heroes and change-makers with the Global Impact Awards.
EarthxHack is the world’s premier environmental innovation competition. Participants and sponsors, including some of the brightest technical minds of today, will sit at the intersection of innovation, technology and the environment for 24 hours to create groundbreaking solutions that address the problems of tomorrow.
“EarthX now includes nine conferences and several separate on-site meetings bringing together more diverse global perspectives than have ever been involved in a collective discussion about the future of our planet,” added Tony Keane, Chief Executive Officer of EarthX. “Fifty years ago, Earth Day didn’t even exist. But, here we are in 2019 with the world’s largest Earth Day event convening once again in Texas of all places. We look forward to welcoming everyone back to discover what can be done to make positive and real environmental change happen for all of us.”
april 26 (Friday) - 28 (Sunday)
3921 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Dallas, Texas, 75210